What’s the difference between coyote dancing and gogo dancing?
Is it that gogo dancing has a pole?
Are the coyote dancers freelancers?
Is the dance floor different?
Or is it a license thing? Limited number of gogo licenses available,
so they bill it as a coyote club?
(photo by Aung@)
go-go is like a half english breakfast,
coyote club is like a full english breakfast.
one costs more.
takes longer to eat and is a more complete meal.
really depends on your goals.
Here we go again - just as we are beginning to understand what Coyote Dancing is all about, they throw Sao-Za-On Dancing at us....
I’m not sure I can explain. The owner of the Magic Table has been quoted as saying his bar isn’t a go go bar because it doesn’t have chrome poles.
I’d say that my experience in Bangkok is that on a practical level:
* go go bars have poles; coyote bars don’t
* coyote dancers are high energy dancers with a lot of skill; go go dancers may or may not be talented or energetic
* go go dancers usually dance in bikinis or less; coyote dancers dress in sexy and skimpy clothes, but they are dressed in shorts, etc rather than bikinis
* Coyote dancers are USUALLY employed by the bar where they work and make pretty good money
* Go go dancers are ALWAYS barfinable; coyote dancers usually aren’t.
All that said, I’m no expert. I hope that helps. Maybe someone else knows better than me and can be more exact.
Asian Sweetheart says:
This silly craze called Coyote Dance continues to grow at the Bangkok nightclubs. The idea came from that movie released back in 2002 called Coyote Ugly about a group of trashy girls who run a New York nightclub. The Thais have latched onto the scenes of those tramps dancing on the bar and now some of the clubs do a so-called "Coyote Dance" show. And now they even have a Coyote Dance contest, as in the photo here where the contestants wearing numbers dance for prizes. Apparently the trashier the look the better the chances are of winning.