Nana Journals

An anthology of some of the best writings, photos, and information pertaining to the Bangkok
nightlife featuring comments and highlights from the best blogs and websites on the subject.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Was Bangkok Bad Boy on Patpong for Christmas Eve?

On Christmas Eve, I found myself in the Duke of Wellington Pub in Silom. Beer was consumed. Some bright spark decided that Sambuca would make a fine chaser.
Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink.

(wavy lines)

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.
I opened my eyes in a strange bed, in a strange room, with a strange girl lying next to me.
Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.
Someone was banging on the door.
“Hello?”, I tried to say.
“Huuuuuuuurrrghhh”, I actually said.

“Twelve o’clock, you check out”, said a disembodied voice from the other side of a tatty door.
My mystery sleeping companion jumped up, and quickly started to dress.
I was already wearing one sock, which was a head start that I particularly appreciated in this state. I eventually found the other, and managed to dress.

I still had no idea where I was.
There was a window in the corner of the room. I pulled back the curtain, and peeped out.
I could see a litter-strewn street, and the sign for Safari bar. Which is in Patpong.
Evidently I’d fallen asleep in a short-time room. Or a long-time room, rather. I can report that The Madrid Suites, on Patpong 1, will let you stay all night for a fee.
I stumbled, squinting and wobbling, into the daylight. It hurt.

Bangkok Bad Boy

(lower painting by Ulf Malmgren)

No comments: