Saturday, August 26, 2006
Behavior Tips While in Southeast Asia
Excerpts and Comments on Bangkok's Nightlife by Stickman, Bangkok Bad Boy, and Mango Sauce
1. Don't touch anyone's head in public, it's considered offensive.
2. Do not sit back and put your feet up in public. They don't like having feet being pointed at them.
3. Smile. Be happy that you are in such a wonderful place.
4. Honor the Royal Family with respect. They love their King.
5. Look both ways before crossing any part of the street. (You will find traffic going in either direction at any time in any lane, and motorcycles often drive on the sidewalks. People have no right of way.)
6. Roll up your pants legs before entering the bathroom. (The bathroom floor doubles as the floor of the shower stall.)
7. Remember that the girls think of you as an ATM machine, and they want to withdraw as much money as possible.
Posted by ArtTv at 1:52 AM