Nana Journals

An anthology of some of the best writings, photos, and information pertaining to the Bangkok
nightlife featuring comments and highlights from the best blogs and websites on the subject.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

I Love U Too Much ....

"I love you too much, but I love my family more!"
(Translation: Keep sending the money back home, or I'll leave you.)
********************************************************************************

I am half Thai myself and the satisfaction that we young women (well, I'm not all that young anymore but anyway!) get from supporting family members is something that many Western folks just don't seem to fully appreciate. But then, too many of them imagine that being involved in any way in the "entertainment industry" means a life of streetwalking, pimp beatings, and drug addiction, all stemming from a history of child sex abuse. But as you know, this is Bangkok, this isn't San Francisco or Philadelphia. It's simply a completely different game out here...
L.

No comments: